Ocean Technology (Sunday Panel)
The ocean economy is forecasted to double by 2030 to $3 Trillion by the OECD and 75% of Canada’s ocean economy is here in Atlantic Canada. The future of ocean technology is strong, and Canada is aligned to maintain our role as a world-class source of underwater, surface and above water technology. This panel brings together four individuals with unique perspectives on not only the current state of the sector but also the future of the field — offering insight, inspiration, and tools to enter and thrive beneath the waves.
- Anna Naylor, Manager of Learning and Development, Centre for Ocean Ventures and Entrepreneurship
- Dr. Anya Waite – Associate Vice-President Research (Ocean), Dalhousie University, and Scientific Director, Ocean Frontier Institute.
- Dr. Mae Seto – Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering, and the Irving Shipbuilding Research Chair, Dalhousie University.
- Maggie Nate – Survivability Engineer, Gibbs & Cox.
- LCdr Sarah Roberge – Senior Staff Officer Materiel Readiness Program, MARLANT, Fleet Engineering Readiness